The best pubs in the USA offer great drinks, delicious food, and a welcoming atmosphere. They’re perfect for catching up with friends or relaxing with the family.
The Daily Meal set out to find the top pubs in America, and the results are in! From Irish pubs with hearty eats to bars brewed right here in the United States, we found some of the country’s best.
1. The Burren in Boston: This classic Irish bar checks all the boxes. It has traditional food, proper pours of Guinness and plenty of live Irish music.
2. Maggie Miley’s in Normal: This college town staple has been around for a long time and is still a favorite among students, professors, and locals alike. It also has an extensive menu full of traditional pub favorites and some unique dishes like a Boxty salmon cake, which is a potato pancake stuffed with salmon, spinach, zucchini, and carrots and folded over and topped with a sun-dried tomato pesto cream sauce.
3. The Standard Tap in Philadelphia: This pub offers a wide range of great beers and some exclusives, along with some tasty traditional pub fare.
4. Monk’s Ale House in Sioux Falls: This funky, snazzy bar has plenty of good beers on tap and hundreds in bottles. It also serves some seriously tasty pub food like Cajun chicken Alfredo pizza or Bang the Dragon with teriyaki peanut sauce, chicken, pineapple and mozzarella.
5. Portsmouth Brewery in Portsmouth: This brewery is famous for its excellent craft beers, but it’s worth a visit just to try some of its pub food as well. The burger is particularly good and, for something a little different, the hot Pastrami on Rye is worth trying as well.